In 2015, leaders from all 193 countries of the United Nations made a most ambitious plan together. This plan was to create the Global Goals for sustainable development in order to make a better world. At the Federation of Burrington and Wrington Church Schools, Global Goals are an important part of our curriculum as we strive to support these goals.
From citizenship and justice to climate change and the environment, we are inspired to make a difference!
Many of our lessons have strong links with the Global Goals. Sometimes our collective worship is linked to them. They also inform our charity work and how we behave. Join with us to promote the Global Goals and make a difference to our world!
Some of our work linked to the Global Goals has included:
- Winning speech on Drones in 2019 Rotary Youth Speaks (Infrastructure and design)
- Mr Legge (parent) from ‘e3 Sustainability’ visited the school and spoke to the children about thermal imaging and its application in industry.
- Life below water - a Y4 visit to Ham Nature Reserve
- The School Council collected shoe boxes for 'Operation Christmas Child'
- One of our Youth Speaks teams spoke passionately about Girls and STEM (Reduced inequalities)
Wrington Rewilding team visit from the village– class work (Life on land)
- Send a Cow charity fundraising at Harvest time when our garden produce is harvested for the school soup! (sustainable communities and zero hunger)
- Compostable lunch packaging and book swapping -pupils and staff (responsible consumption and production)
- Wrington Parliament debates (Peace and Justice)
- Y6 wrote letters to COP 26 which were sent to the Cabinet Office (Climate action)
- Children 'grow a fiver' to raise money for Camp (Decent work and economic growth)
- Toilet twinning (Clean sanitation)
- Making bird feeders (Life on land)
- PTA successfully applied to the airport for a grant for solar panels (affordable clean energy)
- Towels, not driers
- Supporting Mphandika School in Zambia (Quality education)
- Fund raising for Mary's Meals (No poverty)
- Walk a mile track installed; Bikability Y4/6 (Good Health and Well-being)
Caring for our worldUsing our voices for change! Youth Speaks
Bird feeders Comic relief fundraising
Out and about on location, gathering evidence
Learning about our island Researching biomes
Trips and visits Protecting living things
Join with us! Help us be agents for change as we work together on the Global Goals to look after our precious world and everything in it!